Instructions for oral presentations
During the 10th ISNI Congress, our technician partner will be responsible for displaying all presentations.
Speakersí Ready Room:
There will be a Speakersí Ready Room, which will be located in the Barcelona Room , from which all presentations will be distributed to the different meeting rooms.
Highly experienced and skilled technicians will assist you to transfer and check / correct your presentation.
Once your presentation has been processed in the Speakersí Ready Room, you are strongly advised to familiarize yourself with the controls of the Cue-Light System / Remote Presenter, which is used to display the presentation. The technicians assist you with explanation about the features of this system.
The system used to practice in the SRR is an exact copy of the one used in the lecture room.
The computers provided in the plenary and workshop rooms will be PC Laptops with Windows7.
Only PowerPoint Presentations made in one of the following programs will be accepted:
Microsoft PowerPoint 2003 & 2007 and earlier editions.
MAC users should convert the presentation previously from Mac to PC and check before because maybe some details could be changed.
Integrated audio files such as mp3 or wav;
AVI and MPEG movies, integrated into a PowerPoint presentation, using the following codecís:
- DIVX Pro 6.2.2
- XviD Version 1.2.0
- 3ivX Pro [Version D4 4.5.1]
- Ligos Indeo XP
- MS MPEG-4 [version 18.104.22.16827]
- MPEG-4 Low and Fast motion [version 22.214.171.12427]
- Ligos MPEG-2 decoder [version 126.96.36.199]
- Cyberlink MPEG-2 decoder [version 188.8.131.522]
- MainConcept MPEG-2 decoder [version 184.108.40.206]
- QuickTime codecs [version 7]
- Windows Media Player 10
The next items certainly needed to be brought to the Speaker Support Center:
- *.mov and *.tif files integrated in PowerPoint
- Hyperlinks inside a presentation
- Starting movies by clicking on it
- Flash movies
When movies are used in a presentation, they should be set to start automatically, because it is NOT possible to click on a movie when using the Cue-Light System / Remote Presenter
All speakers giving a presentation are requested to validate their presentation in the Speaker Support Center at least 3 hours before the session starts or the day before if the session starts at 8.30 am. Presentations received after this deadline cannot be guaranteed audiovisual support.
Peak hours of operation in the SRR are during coffee breaks and lunch breaks. In order to maximize your time in the SRR, and the attention that we are able to give you, we highly recommend visiting us early in the morning or during the sessions.
The accepted media in the Speakersí Ready Room are:
- DVD (data)
- USB / Flash Discs
A presentation cannot be loaded directly onto the computer in the Plenary and Workshop Rooms. The maximum size of a presentation should not exceed 500 Mb.
Please note exceptions can be only made by prior consultation with the technician partner.
In the lecture room:
Once you are in the lecture room, the AV technician will help you to open your presentation by touching the box with your name on it on the PC laptop. Chairpersons will follow the presentation on a dedicated monitor placed in front of them.
The remote mouse to display the presentation includes a laser pointer.
- Only PowerPoint Presentations, Office XP or earlier versions can be used
- Mac Users need to bring his presentation converted and checked from Keynote to PC PowerPoint
- Items like movies, hyperlinks, Tif-files etc. need to be brought to the Speaker Support Center
- Single or double slide and overhead projections may not be used
- Personal laptops may not be used
- Your presence in the Barcelona Room is required at least 3 hours before your presentation starts